Richard BF wrote:
> people like Lawrence Lessig and Creative Commons are
> trying to fix it. You should also visit their site, and read about
> what they're trying to do to protect culture and your rights.
> http://creativecommons.org/
>
> Rights are good for you. My videoblog works are all Creative Commons,
> attribution non-commercial sharealike. I have the right to allow you
> to do whetever you like with my stuff, so long as you credit me as
> the creator, share your works with the same allowances, and don't
> make money off using it. I like having that right.

I'm a big fan of Creative Commons, and also like to promote it's use
when possible. On my site, I've added a 'usage' page that goes into details:

   http://tinkernet.org/usage/

I tried to specify what my thoughts are on Attribution, Non-Commercial
use and the Share Alike terms a bit more, because what I consider to be
"non-commercial" might not be what others consider to be
"non-commercial" and as I understand it, as the artist you are supposed
to specify things like how you want the Attribution to occur, etc..

Just trying to help build the lightnet. :)

Pete

--
http://tinkernet.org/
videoblog for the future...