can rocketboom show ads' bit -- the Clerks 2 vlogs are clearly just that -- a promotional tool / ad.  View Askew wants them to spread as far as possible.

yet technically still illegal.  It would be unwise to spread the idea (kitka) that its cool to use people's music if you're "promoting" them.  Generally it would not be the artist themself who went after you - it would be the publisher (although these are sometimes the same).  So  - even though you may love a song, and you include it in your vlog, a corporation still might take issue with it.

Especially if you are popular (kitka :) ) .  It could be construed that you are profiting from a use of a song that is explicitly not allowed under copyright law.  What if, down the line, you do end up making a profit from your work?

Anyway, I personally dont have a problem with it, but I don't think we should be giving advice thats untrue.
brett
 IANALIANALAIALALNALNALNALNALNANALALANALAANALNAL

ALSO I think showing some QT footage is a different ball of wax than songs - there are way more layers in music (publishers, mechanical rights, record companies, etc).

On 1/18/06, andrew michael baron < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jan 18, 2006, at 2:13 PM, LeanBackVids.com wrote:

> Does Rocketboom have the rights to use a clip from this?  Wouldn't
> they need the approval of both Kevin Smith and Quentin Tarantino?

We included a tiny portion of this work when reporting the news under
the guidelines of fair use.

Individual Fireant Use
Explains