While I too wouldn't recommend You Tube, their terms of service are
actually not that offensive. Yes, you're permitting You Tube to make
money by licensing your content in any way they choose, but if your
video were to be widely distributed through You Tube -- many of it's
core users would possibly be ecstatic and not bothered by the lack of
compensation. At the same time, You Tube doesn't allow you to create
an RSS feed of your videos -- and there are plenty of alternatives
which better serve the videoblogging community and are free.

 From the You Tube TOS: you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-
exclusive, fully paid-up, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual,
sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce,
distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform and
otherwise exploit the User Submissions in connection with the YouTube
Website and YouTube's (and its successor's) business, including
without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of
the YouTube Website (and derivative works thereof) in any media
formats and through any media channels.

Josh

On Jan 19, 2006, at 8:13 AM, Michael Verdi wrote:

> - Yes - use Josh's pop-up thing. It rocks!
>
> - For quicktime embeds I had to turn off rich-text in WordPress 2.
>
> - Also, please people, go read the YouTube terms of service! I
> would never in a million years recommend them.
>
> -Verdi

> Individual Fireant Use
> Explains
>
> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>
>  Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.

>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into to peace."
"Power to the peaceful!"

Spearhead - Bomb the World