--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Kinberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Flash Video can be converted with various tools to other formats that
> can be edited.
> Its a little more diffcult and the quality of the end result looks
> bad, but its do-able.
>
> -josh

Yeah, but at leat making it a bit more difficult will demonstrate my
good intent to protect the subjects.

> On 1/23/06, Bill Streeter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Tis true. Any time you release something into the world in any
> > format, Internet or analog you risk someone copying your work. The
> > best defence is to not do anything or if you do never let anyone see
> > it. But that's not really an option is it? So thats why we have a
> > legal system. I suspect that your subjects are being slightly more
> > paranoid than they should be. What was your agreement with them? And
> > why are they so paranoid about their images being used in other
> > context?
> >
> > Bill Streeter
> > LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
> > www.lofistl.com

Paranoid?  That got me... There are a lot of answers to that, but some
people in the field of training horses prefer that videos showing them
at work are not re-compiled into "how to" videos for DIY at home.
It's a matter of safety as much as anything else. I think the scope of
that is boyond this list.  Let's just say it's something I would like
to respect.

> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Michael Verdi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > If you put something on the internet, someone will find a way to
> > use it if
> > > they want to. Even if you streamed it or used flash, someone could
> > use a
> > > screen recording program to make a copy of it. The way you protect
> > the work
> > > is to license it according  to your wishes. Then if someone
> > misuses it they
> > > are in voilation of the license. You can't physically stop people
> > from using
> > > it though - just read any conversation on DRM anywhere on the
> > internet.
> > > -Verdi

It may be worth the effort to make it more difficult to rip off. A lot
of this takes place in Iceland.  So they are in violation of the
license...

I'm going to test the interface with the FLV player on TypePad. I like
the way it works with QT.

Stan Hirson