I gave the author of the article, Heather Green, a bunch of links to
all kinds of vlogs and she thanked me and said they were fascinating.
They didn't make it into her article though.

I guess, since it's Business Week, the bias is toward vlogs w/major
viewership. Big viewership=more $potential. It's Business week, not
"Let's Find Cool Grassroots Media With MInimal Cash Earning Potential
Week."

Still, if you can pitch the author on there being a $angle on cool
little vlogs, she might be interested.

At least I tried to pitch her some more off the beaten path vlogs. I
guess the sure way to get press is to become very, very, popular. Then
ya get press and become more popular and it kind of snowballs. Of
course, becoming popular might mean sticking ot a particular format
and working it really hard, and that ain't for everybody.