On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:54:08 +0100, Andy Carvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My videos of mine are released on a
> noncommercial-attribution-sharealike license, and by posting my videos
> to YouTube, they've violated all three of these rules as far as I'm
> concerned. To make matters worse, my videos often license music from
> sites like productiontrax.com - licensed under the agreement that my
> use would be noncommercial in nature online. YouTube's use of these
> videos would violate that agreement between the music owner and me.
>
> I wrote to YouTube last week and asked that my videos be removed. So
> far they haven't replied to my email, and the video is still on their
> site. I'll probably give them a few more days to reply before I start
> blogging about it.

If you've got a lawyer you might want to get in touch with him to hear
your options. Around these parts (Denmark) you could start out by sending
in invoice for the use until now and a cease and desist. You would have a
very good legal standing if your invoice was for a fair amount (not like a
million bucks). Photographers have dealt with issues like this long before
there was a public internet so the legalities are well-defined. As usual
IANAL and all that, but around these parts I'd write an invoice and
eventually send a collection agency type person after them.

If everything else fails it doesn't cost much to bring a case for a small
claims court (but talk to that laywer first). If the RIAA can sue
grandmothers, surely a videoblogger can sue a technology start-up when
they claim rights they don't have.

- Andreas