Oh Verdi, grand poobah of video, where were you Saturday night? ;-)

I have been having on-going problems with my system, including it not
reading the firewire drive. In a Wile E. Coyote ah-ha moment it comes
to me to get a DVD recorder with an FW & Analog connection.

Three hours of research I bring my prize home. Two more hours to hook
and unhook then re-hook it up and then I discover I need a 4/4 pin FW
cable and I only have 4/6 pin.

But I have analog connectors! I can connect it that way. I copy from
the camcorder to the disk. It works. I'm feeling good until I bring it
over to the computer and it's recorded as MPEG-2, I had the choice of
MPEG-1 but the point is that it is in .VOB format.

Like my patron saint (re: Coyote) I fall off the cliff of joy into
temporary dispair. I will get the software because I am too damn dumb
to quit at this point.

But if you don't have to I'd bypass this step.

Spending money like I have a teenager in the house,

Gena
http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com

-