Not a problem David, but if the ads are your choice whether to watch them, then they won't pay as much, as they are not guaranteed as large an audience to target.  As most vlogging is a hobby, I don't think it will apply for a long time, but anyone who wants to go commercial will have to find the money somewhere.

And ads are better than sponsored by.  E.g., I love the program Lost, but if I see the ad for 118118 one more time, I will kill something.  It's a relief to watch Housewives, that is sponsored by shampoo.

And if I don't want to see ads, yes, I avoid the places where they have them, but that reduces my choice of what is available to me to watch, on TV or on the internet.  But as you say, it is your right to choose what to watch.

Rachel (Alternative Kitten)