I'm not expecting anything - nothing - but one of many possibilities
that could evolve, beyond any hype, would be a place to go to (a)
show your intent or desire to consider advertisement or sponsorship
for your content where your terms are laid out and clear (because you
know what would work best) and (b) a place for advertisers to find a
place to put their ad; a directory, really - a market place that is
already set up with contracts, money, security, international
audience, a name, and a relatively cheap percentage for brokering an
original contract for each deal (3%?).

Maybe for instance, for Matt's snowboarding video site, he wouldn't
mind having a post-roll, 7 second slide that faded in and out saying,
"this episode sponsored by ______", if the blank blank was someone
that Matt thought was cool, like maybe the Burton Snowboard company?
He could set his price, etc. The advertiser or Matt could seek out
the other and talk it over and do a deal quickly and cheaply without
all the lawyers, 3rd parties, 4th parties and 5th.

Meanwhile, lets say someone has a videoblog with an audience of 1000
people who are REGULAR and SPECIFIC, it might be worth it for the
advertiser to "nickel and dime" their ads off to the small sites
because of how effective it can be for those 1000. In otherwords,
they could spend a million dollars sponsoring a big site for a month
or, they could spread that million dollars out into a whole wave of
other, sites. Perhaps it might even be more valuable for them to go
with the smaller sites. In each case, it would still only be on the
sites that wanted the ads after seeing them and it' wouldnt involve a
lot of legal time.

Maybe the advertiser could put their ads up on e-Bay and offer a cpm
for the ad.  That would be crazy wouldnt it? Anyone could select an
ad they liked and then pay the flat-fee CPM and a bit of code to
track some data.

Who knows?!