Title: Re: [videoblogging] using iPod movie encoding with blip.tv
well I added your code to my blog page, but it shows up AS code:

http://portlandjazzjams.blip.tv/file/12376

-d

On 2/2/06 10:44 PM, "Joshua Kinberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Quicktime may be required to view Quicktime, that's true... but
Firefox is not *required*
I do prefer Firefox, but the problem with Quicktime in IE is well
documented and the solution is to properly embed QT filed in HTML,
otherwise IE does not respect the "fast start" settings in the QT
movie.

The easiest way to do this is to use the popup method that I created:
< http://joshkinberg.com/popupmaker >

This will give you the code to copy-paste into your blog to create a
popup window with the movie embedded in HTML. The reasons for using
this are described in depth here:
< http://www.unmediated.org/archives/2005/10/easily_create_p.php >

-Josh

On 2/2/06, Kunga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Look at my site for the solution. Post Links to GetFireFox.com and
> QuickTime for Windows at the top of your Website in the Title page
> alerting your audience that both FireFox and QuickTime for Windows
> are REQUIRED.
>
> <http://getfirefox.com>
> <http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html>
> - -
> Taylor Barcroft
> New Media Publisher, Editor, Video Journalist, Webcaster, Futurecaster
> Santa Cruz CA, Beach of the Silicon Valley
> URL http://FutureMedia.org
> RSS http://feeds.feedburner.com/FutureMedia
> iTunes http://tinyurl.com/8ql87
> barcroft (gizmo)
> kungax (Skype)
> kungag5 (iChat-AIM)
>

> On Feb 2, 2006, at 4:52 PM, thebossa wrote:
>
> > I've been using the iPod Movie 320x240 Export in Quicktime to encode
> > my movies and post on http://portlandjazzjams.blip.tv. They work fine
> > for me with my Firefox on the Mac, but Windows IE users have reported
> > problems. The blip.tv guy said to post here for a solution.
> >
> > It would be good if this format worked because I can post both a Video
> > Podcast and a Video Blog entry at the same time, without having to
> > wait to encode 2 versions.
> >
> > If you look on my blip.tv blog, you'll notice that the first two
> > entries were encoded using the Quicktime Freevlog tutorial, and seem
> > to work fine with Windows IE. But the next 3, which work well on my
> > Mac in  ITunes, Quicktime, Firefox and other viewers, do NOT work for
> > Windows IE for some reason.
> >
> > I need to put instructions for the Windows IE users on the blip.tv
> > blog so they can view these files. Any help would be appreciated.

Individual Fireant Use
Explains