Ms. Kitka wrote:
> I'm don't answer for Andrew, but RB does have a CC licence that
> restricts people from using the video if they make profit from it (I
> have the same licence:
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/).  That said,
> though, since this wasn't a regular episode of RB, I have no doubt
> that they were paid for it.  At the very least, they must have been
> paid for the use of their logo and for Amanda's acting talents.

That is the default license. The creator of the work can license it
under any other license they choose to, to whoever they want.

So if I want to use RB content, and do so under a by-nc-sa license, I
don't even have to discuss it with them, they've already granted me (and
you) the rights. Alternately, if I want to pay them to use the same
content for commercial purposes, they can choose to do so under whatever
terms they like.

That's the idea...

Pete

--