--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jen Simmons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Feb 3, 2006, at 10:23 AM, Markus Sandy wrote:
>
> >  Personally, I have slightly greater expectations for what we might
> > term as "historic" moments as it relates to videoblogging.
>
> Me too.
>
> I find it weird, although not unexpected, that while many of us are
> excited about videoblogging because it NOT television, and it's not
> full of mainstream celebrity, and we hope it will be used to create
> lots of new possibilities and opportunities for new voices to be heard,
> especially voices and ideas that have been systematically excluded from
> the corporate system... somehow many on this list seem enamored with
> the same old same old. Personally, I'm not really celebrating these
> Rocketboom milestones of getting affirmation from the mainstream media,
> selling commercials, getting on tv dramas, etc.

Maybe all can co-exist without exclusion.  Those that want to do TV
style drama, news and such, those that create personal vlogs for
family and friends, those that create experimental and art vlogs, et.
al.  The Opera once was limited to aristocracy, but it now exists
minus the limitation.

  -- Enric
  -======-
  http://www.cirne.com