Thanks so much, Frank.  :)

The camera I just sold on ebay sounds similar to yours, though
admittedly a little better in quality... it was a Sony M1 with memory
stick pro duo, 1GB for about 45 minutes of 640x480 mp4s.

I got that "upgrade itch" and sold it, and then purchased this POC
Canon that is sitting in our toy room now... tomorrow we are going to
return it and get a much better Panasonic, hopefully.  The quality of
my vlogs will be incredibly better...and perhaps even still in five
second increments.  In fact, for my "fan club" if you will, my first
miniDV movie might be just that.

Susan
http://vlog.kitykity.com