Funny arithmetic: I like I like.

For a long time blogs have scared me.  Before starting my own, I
cruised the blogosphere to see what's what.  I get lost.  I get
confused.  I get cranky.  There are so many blogs with so many words
and pictures and so many of them link to one another and appear to be
about such infinitesimal, solipsistic concerns, I get depressed.
Recently a friend quoted a study that said more and more American's
are writing: novels; poems; short stories; blogs.  At the same time,
fewer and fewer are reading.  Are we becoming a nation – world – that
is shouting at one another with no one listening?  That's what I feel
when I go for a jaunt around the blogosphere.  It depresses me.  And
I recently started my own blog, although I must say, it's not about
how scary the blogosphere is.

-David

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ted Tagami <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> ahh but remember:
>
> a picture is worth a thousand words...and our pictures move! ;)
>
> 1,961 * 1,000 * 1000 = r0xx0r
>
> On 2/8/06, Kunga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >  From Yesterday's ABC News Video Podcast:
> >
> > 27.2 Million blogs
> >
> > October 2005 there were only 19.6 million blogs
> >
> > growth of almost 8 million in the past 3 months
> >
> > 75,000 new blogs every day
> >
> > a new one created every second
> >
> > every hour bloggers post 50,000 new entries
> >
> > total number of blogs doubles every 5.5 months or so
> >
> > Xeni Jardin of Wired Magazine comments on camera - (wow is she
ever
> > stunning) - :
> >
> > "What makes a blog great is how much of the character of the
person
> > behind that blog you're really able to feel."
> >
> > "27 million, that's a lot of characters." reports Dan Harris from
New
> > York.
> >
> > It's no wonder these video blogs are hard to find in that maze of
> > text blogs. Makes me feel like we are a pretty small type of blog
> > given the size of this list is still only 1,961 members.
> >
> > --
> > Taylor Barcroft
> > New Media Publisher, Editor, Video Journalist, Podcaster,
Futurecaster
> > Santa Cruz CA, Beach of the Silicon Valley
> > URL http://FutureMedia.org
> > RSS http://feeds.feedburner.com/FutureMedia
> > iTunes http://tinyurl.com/8ql87
> > barcroft (gizmo)
> > kungax (Skype)
> > kungag5 (iChat-AIM)

t=ms&k=Individual&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Use&c=3&s=38&.sig=OHeQJK
by66gg3t35np-qiw>
> > Fireant<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Fireant&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Use&c=3&s=38&.sig=hK8TfZa7C
lhTIxDJdP6Cbw>
> > Use<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Use&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Use&c=3&s=38&.sig=fljF53rXtnOMj
mpIySYbqA>
> >     [EMAIL PROTECTED]<videoblogging-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>