Yes Richard, I was agreeing with you, even if it was for different
reasons or through different means... the end result (turning on the
camera) was my point as well.

I suppose my sensitivity was more to be supportive.

It's all good.

Rob

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Richard BF <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> >I HOPE that was said "tongue in cheek," but I do not know you,
and I
> >shall not judge... but if it were YOU in his position... could you
> >so easily perform?
>
> No, it was not tongue in cheek. I wasn't criticising Paul, or
> trivialising his situation. I was simply saying: turn on the
camera.

> One of my favourite videos of the past year, was when Aaron lost
his
> little girl. He had the camera on at the time, and it was so
> emotional. I couldn't stop crying watching it.
>
> We all publish video of ourselves to the web, because we want
people
> to watch us. We all try to watch and narrate good stories, because
we
> like the emotional or thought provoking journey or outcome. We
like
> to cry, we like to laugh.
>
> After a half dozen videos of someone doing what they do, I want to
> see more of the real world in which they live, and learn more
about
> them. Most of us aren't actors, so by erecting a wall between the
on
> screen persona and the real you, or filtering anything remotely
> personal, you're just watering down your end result, and probably
> making people unsubscribe, because there's millions of other
people
> to watch doing the same thing.
>
> I don't know if I could "easily perform", but I could easily
invoke
> my online persona, for sure, and as a videoblogger, I've learnt to
> mostly ignore cameras being on around me. We're documenting
history,
> and I can't even begin to imagine my descendants in 100 years
seeing
> me on video, being emotional, being fragile, being me...
>
> >Yes, if you have the strength... make your VBlog... even if it is
> >not "the best"... no one says you have to share it right now...
but