Hey all,

If someone want to create the ultimate blingged-up version of Josh's pop-up I'll throw you 2 tix to the William Eggleston flick at Lincoln Center on 15 Feb @ 6:30p). We'll let Josh be the judge of the event, if he want to. I know everyone is busy, but this thread need to end (PLEASE!) and I'm willing to help :)

Of course such NYC tix are not gonna benefit our non-local buds, though you could always donate the tix to a NYC friend or request two local tix instead :))

Here's the skinny on the Eggleston flick:
(from <http://www.filmlinc.com/wrt/showing/fcselects06.htm>)

<x-tad-smaller>Stranded in Canton
</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>William Eggleston, U.S., 1974/2005; 76m
</x-tad-smaller>
More than 30 years ago, America's greatest living photographer, William Eggleston, shot 30 hours of video in and around Memphis, using a modified Sony Porta-pak, a cumbersome black-and-white camera that recorded on reel-to-reel half-inch videotape. Eggleston and Robert Gordon recently distilled this footage into a 77-minute time capsule. It is an extraordinary and deeply personal vision of the Memphis demimonde, filmed in the city's bars and streets. "Stranded in Canton makes us aware of the chaos outside the frame of every Eggleston photograph. One might venture, on the evidence of this swerving, lurching, ghostly video diary that, for Eggleston, time is chaos, against which still images and the rhythms of music are two forms of defense... As the ethnographer of that mysterious region called the South, he homes in on art and artifacts, on family gatherings where familiarity and hostility are inseparable, on geeks biting the heads off chickens, on juke-joint philosophers and drag queens, on musicians amateur and professional, black and white - all of them grooving on their own sounds." - Amy Taubin, Film Comment online exclusive, Sept 05

--
cheers

Deconstructing the status quo, collaboratively

my vlog: http://r.24x7.com
good deal : http://foo.24x7.com