Well, it's sexy, it's small, and it captures great detailed images
if you have enough light. Really dazzling in daylight.

It fits in my winter coat pocket. For what I do (you know, umm... vlogging
and documentary-ish stuff) having a high-def yet fairly inconspicuous
and highly portable camera is ideal.

Downsides:
- Not so hot in low light
- Bottom-loading tapes (hasn't been much of a problem for me)
- proprietary Sony hot shoe makes external mics a problem

I bought a little Sony "shotgun" made for this custom hotshoe but it sucks.
The built-in stereo mic works better. But there's no good way to mount
a real shotgun mic, for example. People have rigged stuff up, and surely
someone will make a hotshoe adaptor, but right now it's an issue.

Overall: I love it!

cheers,
chuck
http://mnstories.com