More news about Blip.tv and it's load carrying abilities:

The people at Blip sent me a very nice and encouraging email that I
gather was as a result of following this group's threads and reading
our posts.  It's obvious from that correspondence that they care very
much about their service and performance.

In addition, my partner has been in touch with their
hosting/bandwidth provider about serving our own site and it's clear
from his correspondence with their hosting service that they are
working with blip and others to try to ammeliorate the bandwidth
challenges posed by our big media files.

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ron Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yeah, this is disappointing.
>
> Not anything against the blip crew, as they gave me my start as
well.
> It bums me out.
>
>   don't quite know what to do now.
>
> Any word on how this is going to play out?
>
> ron
>
> On Feb 12, 2006, at 9:15 AM, Stan Hirson, Sarah Jones wrote:
>

> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "davecircumnavigator"
> > <david@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Apparently the hosting service for blip is maxed out.  I'm not
using
> > > deduction here, one of my partners was in contact with them and
they
> > > say that blip is sucking up their resources big time.

> > this is

> > I am in upstate NY.  I haven't been able to reach them at all
for
> > about
> > 2 hours and all my links to them hang.  This is true for  other
> > blogs  I
> > have tried.  I am surprised that there  has not been  any other
> > discussion  on this list about that.  Too early in the morning?
> >
> > I really hope that this is just a "blip" and not a more prolonged
> > problem  They have been providing a major service as a gateway
> > video
> > blogging.  I don't know what their business model is, but I hope
they
> > can keep going.  They certainly got me started!
> >
> > Stan Hirson

> > Individual  Fireant Use
> >
> > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
> >
> >  Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.
> >
> >  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> >  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.