This survey is a juxtaposition that discards differences of Video originally intended for TV or Theatres and that which is more native to a computer/internet (vlogs).  Primarily, typical length of online video being less than 10 minutes verses 20-50 minutes TV programs.

"young people are unlikely to want to use a device as versatile and interactive as the PC to do something as passive as TV watching. In many ways, PC-generation users use the TV to relax from their PC activities"

Yes, people like to watch TV on TV.
What a shock ;-)

Yeah, we'll see an increased interest in watching online video on TV as well... I know that.
Apple and their new mac mini should open up more interest in this too.
But their will always be a vast number of people watching video on their puters and on the web and on portable devices.  This wont change and will increase in fact.

Wolpin believes the industry is missing a key revenue opportunity by not focusing on getting web-based video to the TV.

Please.  How is it a missed opportunity when looking forward this opportunity will still be sitting their? I'd even say it has been too early for the opportunity to garner the type of benefit and money that it will over the next 5 years.  Nothing being missed here.... unless you consider corporate deal-making and exclusive contracts 'the opportunity' but more likely such contracts will be short-termed as multiple outlets are better than 1 or a few (for content owners like NBC etc).

People who like and even need passive TV watching no matter what the content are prob always going to prefer the couch and TV.  But they have little to do with the culture of videoblogging.... or the more broad culture of viral video and contagious media.  More and more content creators emerge or migrate to the Internet.  Video will be as common as text on the web.  It will always be a normal part of the online experience.  It's all inevitable.
Do you want to watch a video clip captured from a cell phone on a TV?  Or a vlog video formatted for 320x240?  It will be more aggressive productions that will cater to the TV platform and that people will want to see on TV more so than other cases... not absolutely, but generally.  Point- most online video is best viewed on a puter, on the web, on a portable device.  These are smaller vids, easier to make, more viral and distributable.... than a vid that would prob need to be hundreds of mbs or gbs to look and sound proper on a TV.... and if its not, it takes away from the content itself and the viewing experience is damaged.

This all isnt to say that the TV device is bad for the culture of content creators.  Its good and as soon as 'the network' can handle the load of higher quality digital video being published by millions... then i'll buy into it more.  For now, it will be good because new content can be made available that normally would never get past the intermediaries and broadcasted...
That's cool...  "This or That" comes to mind.  So it's all good.  More variety, more options for when I am actually in the mood to watch my TV (not often these days).

I just dont think it is or should be or will be ALL about the TV device.  Especailly the TV device of today.  I look forward to when TiVo becomes a more bloggy platform.  Will be interesting.

sull