On 2/23/06, Josh Leo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I believe that if someone made a videoblog about hiking, their content would most likely not be viewed via RSS but my singular page views

Browser Views Sites Users Referers
Firefox 15 11 4 2
Internet Explorer 7 6 2 1
Jakarta 5 2 1 1
Mozilla 4 2 2 1
aRts 3 2 1 1
QuickTime 3 3 1 1
Democracy 2 1 1 1
Doppler 2 1 1 1
iTunes 1 1 1 1
curl 1 1 1 1

iTunes is probably my own subscription, as are some of those Firefox and Mozilla views. I note FireAnt isn't on the list-- not sure what that means; perhaps "QuickTime" is the FireAnt pull? So most people viewing the vlog have checked it out on the web.

If you want, I can keep you updated when the vlog turns into more than just a crappy mish-mash of badly-edited clips and images.

--Stephanie

RSS is still unknown to the rest of the world, most people I know don't even know what an aggreagator is. Many of my friends who have blogs on Xanga or Blogger don't even know what a feed is or that they even have one...

I guess this just goes to show that subscribers is not popularity of content, but popularity of content within a select group of people who use RSS, therefore the topics that get the most subscribers are the ones that are geared more towards the blog/tech/gadget side of the spectrum...

Screw subscription numbers, just make content!!!

thank you...

--
Josh Leo

joshleo.com