Kinda off topic, but good if you are trying to understand the appeal of MySpace.

Danah Boyd does research out of Berkeley, specifically in the youth social networking space. She had a presentation to AAAS recently covering MySpace specifically. If you are interested in the phenomenon, it's a good read.

http://www.danah.org/papers/AAAS2006.html