I would think the movie information including the size is in the
header of the file.  That should make the information available in the
first bytes loaded before the audio and video data.  If so, then one
should be able to determine the size before the video and audio
streams through.

  -- Enric

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Joshua Kinberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/videoblog/2006/02/vlog_soup_episo.html>