same here, dave.

i'd even take it further and invite vloggers to my outside-the-mall-shows. sync rights are one thing, promotional tools are another.

On Mar 1, 2006, at 1:58 PM, Dave wrote:

If I was in a small band playing outside of shops, I would be doing
the opposite, I would encourage people to distribute videos of my
band's performance.

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Markus Sandy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> i ran into an interesting situation the other weekend while
> videoblogging a street scene just before an apple store
presentation

> a small band was playing in a large, outdoor shopping area (the
3rd
> street promenade in santa monica, ca)
>
> whenever they started a new piece, a person would circulate among
the
> audience and engage in a little discussion on digital rights with
anyone
> recording the scene
>
> mainly, this had the effect of blocking anyone from getting
a "clean"
> recording of the performance, since somewhere in it you would hear
this
> guy saying something like "is this for your own use? please do not
> distribute this performance"
>
> very clever and provides a new type of "roadie" job i guess
>
> i think the guy should also always mention the bands website and
where
> to buy or download legit music
>
> has anyone else run into this?
>
> --
>
> My name is Markus Sandy and I am app.etitio.us
>
> http://apperceptions.org
> http://digitaldojo.blogspot.com
> http://node101.org
> http://spinflow.org
> http://wearethemedia.com
> http://xpressionvlog.blogspot.com
>
> aim/ichat: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> msn: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> skype: msandy
> spin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Individual
Fireant
Use

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

 Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.