I agree. Best (read "easiest") thing I can see doing in this situation
is to install a clean version of MT then upload all your "files" then
import your database.

I use Wordpress and that's how I did it when I switched hosts.

I cant see you getting around not dowloading all your files and then
re-uploading them to your new host.

David
http://www.taoofdavid.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes. The thing to remember is: when moving an MT install or any dynamic
> website, it's NOT just about FTP-ing the files (which is easy), but
about
> replicating the database, usernames, permissions and all that geeky
stuff
> (which can be hard).
>
> You should look into MT's import/export options though. That might
be the
> simplest way.
>
> Peter
>
> On 3/5/06, Brett Gaylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > yikes.
> >
> > You know, this is definitely one of those moments I might just want to
> > hire someone....I don't think I'd try and put in a new breaker box
in my
> > house by myself.  I'm getting to old to enjoy learning how to do
everything,
> > so thanks for the warning :)
> >

> > On 3/5/06, Peter Van Dijck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > ps: if you're not familiar with all these steps, set apart a
weekend for
> > > it. An experienced person might do it in a few hours or less.
> > >
> > > Peter

OR attempt to

Terminal

Have you