Richard Show wrote:
> In wordpress, is it possible to make a post that will go in a category, but
> not on the main page?
>
> Example:
>
> I have a category called "trains" and I have a feed associated with that
> category.
>
> I create a post about trains and I want people who subscribe to my trains
> category to retrieve it via that feed, but I don't want people, who
> subscribe to the general wordpress feed to retrieve it.
>
> (Also, I don't want people who visit the main page, rather than that
> category's page to see it).

This can be done. I'm not sure, but the last time I saw this question,
the answer was to hack at a few files that deal with 'the loop'
(index.php, wp-rss2.php, etc) so that they excluded the id of the
category in question.

Your best bet is the WordPress Codex or Support forum for actual example
code and assistance with it:

  http://codex.wordpress.org/

  http://wordpress.org/support/

Pete