On 3/24/06, Andy Carvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We've counted today (since Dec 2004) 250,049 videos in the vlogosphere
> at mefeedia. Numbers are always just numbers, and who cares how many
> we have, but I thought that was nice anyway. On to 1,000,000!
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

Do you have a sense of how many vloggers have contributed to this body
of work? Looking at the site, it seems you have around 6800 feeds. Is
that correct? I know this doesn't correlate with the number of
vloggers  - I know my vlog is fed twice on mefeedia, for example - so
I wonder if it's possible to do a census of some sort to get more data
on how many people are contributing, where they are, etc.

Peter's off-line for a few days, so I'll take this one.

We do have ~6800 feeds, and yes, there is some duplication.  We are working on getting the database cleaned up.  The information you are looking for isn't readily available, but I am sure I could get an estimation in the next few days.  This is a good question.

As for where vloggers are, we don't track that information, but vlogmap.org does an amazing job of it....That would be cool actually, to click on a feed in mefeedia and have a link to where they are on the map in vlogmap.

andy carvin
www.andycarvin.com

Individual Fireant Use

~Devlon