On 3/27/06, Stephanie Bryant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Personally, I find other art media, like drawing/cartooning, crafts,
>  sculpture, etc., to be much more visualy interesting.

A lot of visual art is done on computers nowadays, so you can
certainly watch those sorts of broadcasts if you want.

>  > I see this partly as an experiment in learning about human nature.  I
>  > want to know how other people think.  I want to get into their heads.
>
>  Yes, but what's the advantage to the person broadcasting?

Some advantages for the person broadcasting:

* constant feedback/discussion on what he/she is doing, which might be helpful;
  perhaps a task could be done an order of magnitude more quickly and
with better results

* motivation to be more productive -- after all, people are watching

* a way to demonstrate your skills to potential employers and land
that highly desirable job;
  this is an ongoing sort of interview that may span weeks and involve multiple
  potential employers that you don't know about; in fact, instead of
you applying for a job,
  companies will watch you and contact you if they are interested

* a way to find a soul mate -- this is a more intellectual form of
computer dating

*  you will feel good about contributing to a deeper understanding of
the human condition;
   psychologists will love to study you

* you will feel better about yourself when people find you important
enough to have discussions about you while you work

Amir