Hi everyone,

I've just created a new category on Wikipedia that can be added to the
bottom of wikipedia entries about prominent video bloggers.

If you create or come upon a wikipedia entry of a vlogger, you can add
this tag at the bottom of the entry:

[[Category:Video Bloggers|lastname, firstname]]

Be sure to replace lastname and firstname with their actual name. Once
you've done that, they'll appear in this category list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_Bloggers

 From what I've seen, there aren't too many entries about individual
vloggers. Compare that with the Podcasts category:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Podcasts

Andrew and Amanda from Rocketboom are in Wikipedia, and I'm there too
(but for my digital divide work rather than vlogging, it seems). I did a
few other random vlogger name searches (Steve Garfield, Michael Verdi,
etc) but came up with bupkus. Seems like we need to get proactive at
getting some of our notable vlog personalities included in Wikipedia.

Any thoughts on who else should be in Wikipedia? It'll have to pass the
wikipedia sniff test, though: you should be able to argue that they are
of "prominence" and/or "importance"; otherwise it's possible the entry
will get deleted as a vanity article.

ac

--
Andy Carvin