Steve of Elbows asked:

>With that in mind I have a question about this mashup stuff. Is there
any particular partnering organisation that was the primary driving
force for this mashup stuff, does one of them have such things as one
of its core aims? I dont know if Im wording the question right, I
guess I am interested in whether this is something that will be
expanded upon in future, and whether its in the form of a new
website/service/social network thing, or as part of an existing thing
like ourmedia? Because I want to know who the right people and groups
are to talk to about this in future.

Well, yes. Outhink, which sponsored this mashup event, is intent on
creating a rich and deep mashup marketplace and remix center for both
licensed and unlicensed works: video, music, audio, etc.

Ourmedia will be helping with the effort. I'm very excited about the
possibilities here.

I know sull has previously said he's jazzed by the idea, and now Steve
of E. has expressed an interest in this emergent phenomenon. If
there's anyone else who wants to get involved with the mashup
movement, give me a holler. It will take some time, but I think it'll
happen by fall or thereabouts.

jd lasica