Thanks for the reply, Andreas, Stephanie...

Spamming vs Exposure
I am happy that you two chimed in on RSS as exposure and the issue of spamming the list. Good points.

I was unaware that there was any historical thing to Vloggers Unite, as I delete a whoe bunch of stuff from this list; no offense, all, but it is just too much. I look for things that are of interest to me and read about them, and check out things that sound as if they may beinteresting, or informative. So I just deleted his 'spam' emails because they were not of interest to me. Such is life in a 2000+ person group.

But that doesn't change the fact that most of us noobs (I was a noob once, but I have been retired for a month or so, so I now am a veteran. Besides, I have seen a bunch of you guys on video for several months now and read your posts, and I feel as if I know you all.) are under the impression that asking people to watch your vids is bad.  The prostrations of people on this list when they so much as mention their own Vlog or a piece they did that they are proud of (...thanks Steph...) is really off putting and it teaches the new batch of noobs, the newest 3000 vlogggers on mefeedia, that you should not talk about your vlog on this list, or it should be a special occasion kind of thing.

I know that most of us are on the same page when it comes to this issue, and we think it is alright to share our work with this group, which is great, but that is not the perception from the population of the list as a whole. As illustrated by the fear that writing about a piece of ours must give people to make them look at their shoelaces when they try to get exposure for their work by asking the videoblogging list to check it out.

So, from now on I am going to bring out all stops when it comes to my pushing you all to my Vlog. Bells as whistles, ALL CAPS!!!!!!, SPLASH PAGE!  Flash! WOO HOO!

When I want you all to see something, I am going to SCREAM IT! Marketing will be my middle name. Amway ain't got shit on me!

And for all of you who don't like it, to paraphrase Jason, "Screw you!" Hit delete and don't watch it.

What would happen if we all did that?

I think it would be pretty cool. It sure would be more fun, and I think we would learn more.

the Meta
I train dogs, so I am always looking for ways to put the rotten behaviors on cue so we can then keep them in check. This is a good example of that kind of flexibility in group communications. So funny... what we learn from our dogs.

Cheers,

Ron Watson

Pawsitive Vybe Canines
12 E Bridge St Suite G