To Technorati's credit, I can't imagine the volume of data they have to
manage, and with all the cross-referencing the site's designed to do, I'd
frankly expect a server meltdown on a regular basis.

I kept pinging them manually via their form, through my claimed blog list
in their system ("Update Ping"), through Pingomatic, and through my blog
software's ping function (Movable Type), but nothing seemed to take.

This morning, I updated my blog template to add the title= and rel=bookmark
tags to the permalink HTML:

http://www.technorati.com/help/supportfaq.html#bookmark

A few hours later, I see my vlog finally in the 'videobloggingweek2006' tag
- -- of course further back, since the actual post was yesterday.  But I have
no idea if it had anything to do with the 'bookmark' thing (which I hadn't
heard about before) or if they just finally caught up with my pings from
yesterday!

The weird thing is, while my post is shown as '10 hours ago' on the tag
page, my claimed blog page still says my last update was '8 days ago.'  So
again, obviously there's a lot of data to churn through over there!

Ryan
HawaiiVog