i just received a comment for someone at the company on loadedpun and responded.

I'm Canadian too, Brad!

On 4/7/06, Halcyon Lujah < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Well, part of this situation is due to the organic nature of the
technology growing (and not any evil plan).

i.e. Veoh originally did not have encoded versions at all. It was more
of a system to find videos (*my understanding) and use a peercasting
method to distribute large files without bandwidth fees for
broadcasters.

Alas, as all my friends started using YouTube to share videos, I was
one of the people that begged Veoh to add an automated flash preview
for the videos available in their directory.

I'm personally STOKED with the resulting technology, but as seen
today, new issues have risen up.  I've heard nothing from Veoh that
made me think they  weren't more than willing to make changes or
rethink their plans.

-Halcyon

On 4/7/06, Brad Webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How about only including feeds that have CC info that allow them to
> aggregate? Guess what, no CC means it needs to be presumed that it's
> Copyright which means they need permission. I don't understand this
> mentality? Can someone clear out my big-dumb-canadianness so I can get it?
>
> Halcyon Lujah wrote:
>
> > Just talked with Dmitry @ Veoh (he posted his phone here a while back).
> >
> > He is on the road and apologizes for all the ill-will.
> >
> > He will chime in when he is back online, but asked me to pass on to
> > those concerend about their feeds on Veoh:
> >
> > 1) short term, email the name of your feed to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> to be removed.
> > 2) they are implementing the automated attribution link as we speak.
> > (no need to claim your feed)
> > 3) they are working on ways to exclude feeds based on CC info.
> >
> > But they are totally to feedback and suggestions and changes.
> >
> > -Halcyon
> > www.spreadingthepink.com <http://www.spreadingthepink.com>
> > www.veoh.com/vlogs/cockyvision <http://www.veoh.com/vlogs/cockyvision>

> >     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> >       Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

www.SpreadingThePink.com

Anne Walk
http://loadedpun.com