Ok. We have asked to have our feeds removed from Veoh. Our new video was picked up this morning.

I did notice, however, that they have stopped the ourmedia and blip feeds. Smart thinking as ripping off the content of other video hosting services will lead to major lawsuits (easily winnable ones at that)

Dmitry has come in here with soft words and claims that he had no idea that he was infringing on anyone's copyright and how he just wants to make it right but don't let him have you think that he is like us - a grassroots organization just trying to help promote videoblogging and democratize video.

From Veoh's faq, I see that he has been involved in the business for some time and knows very well what copyright means. They know what they have done.

Veoh Networks was founded in 2004 by Dmitry Shapiro, a world recognized P2P security pioneer. Prior to founding Veoh, Dmitry was the founder and CTO of Akonix Systems, Inc., the world's leading P2P security company with over 1 million licensed enterprise users. Akonix's customers include Disney, Viacom, MTV, Fox News, Fox Films, Weather Channel, Cingular, and countless other brand names. The Veoh team also includes Chief Scientist Dr. Ted Dunning, formerly the Chief Scientist at MusicMatch (now Yahoo Music), Chief Scientist at IDAnalytics (the leading identity fraud detection company), and Chief Scientist at Aptex Software (an HNC/FairIsaac company), and a core team of developers responsible for the creation and development of products such as Websense, Akonix and Collegeclub.com. Veoh received Series A financing from Shelter Capital in mid-2005. See our team profiles for more information.
On 4/8/06, Enric <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Howell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Actually, that's not true. An artists work becomes "copyright" from
> the instant it is created regardless whether or not you have actually
> gone and registered it.

Andreas was talking about monetary damages - I think copyright is
assumed in the conversation.

> Regardless, everyone should be putting a © somewhere on their sites no
> matter what the case.

or a (cc).