The point I am trying to make is: I want action, and removing all videos (not just feeds, videos) they gathered without opt-in would be a start.

Peter
--
http://mefeedia.com

On 4/8/06, Devlon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 4/8/06, Peter Van Dijck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
What is an acceptable response from Veoh? I'm throwing this out for
comments here.

Acceptable response?  I am annoyed by Veoh's response already.  A better question would be 'what is an acceptable action'.  All I've heard is reposnse and not seen action.

I've requested 3 times that they remove my feed.  Once to Jarrod (a developer there) and twice to Dmitry after he emailed me personally....asking to talk on the phone sometime.  I don't want talk, I want action.

His words mean nothing without action.  The only action I've seen him take is to disable the big feeds, like blip, ourmedia, etc.  Does that tell us that us little people don't matter enough for him to act now?  Doesn't sound like 'friendly actions'

Here's one I personally could live with: this kind of "re-hosting"
should be opt-in.

That would mean that:
1) They remove ALL videos they've spidered and rehosted from their site.
2) They only keep the ones for feeds that the feed owners have claimed
and where the feed owners have given permission for them to "re-host".

I agree

For me, that makes sense. I don't think Veoh is "evil", I judge
companies by their actions. And this action would tell me: "We
understand why this was wrong, and we're fixing it for real."

I judge companies by acitons as well.  See above what I think of their actions.

I agree with a lot of people saying that Veoh is a good site, they have a lot to offer...but, I really have a hard time swallowing the fact that out of everyone on the Veoh team, no one stood up and said...'hey wait, we can't do this, this is licence infringement'  Some of them are members of this community that 'get it'...they know.

Claiming ignorance now and not removing the offending feeds is just compounding and really frustrating me.

I am surprised we haven't heard more from the founding members here aside from Peter.

Comments?

Peter
--
http://mefeedia.com

On 4/8/06, Andreas Haugstrup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 02:12:39 +0200, John Dowdell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Little green tickets of money are one way to be selfish. Being the
> > center of attention is another way to be selfish. There are incentives
> > for Slashdot and Digg, just as for any "commercial" entity.
> >
> > You're still not respecting the rights of creators. If someone rips off
> > your website, blog, search history, financial data, does it matter if
> > they get something other than little green tickets in return?
>
> Legally, yes.
>
> --
> Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen

Fireant Individual Use

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

  •  Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.

  •  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

  • --