Hello David,

On 4/10/06, David Meade <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 4/10/06, Charles Iliya Krempeaux < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Although asking is always nice....  I think it's important, especially on the web, to have automated ways of doing all this.  (Like the way Creative Commons automates things.)  Or else, it's just not scalable.... for example, how would you possibly be able to respond to 1000's of people asking for permission per day.  (Especially is there is NO profit involved.)

Is there some reason creative commons isn't sufficient?  The cc verbage  says

  "you are free to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work" so long as ....

distribute/display/perform seems to cover posting a link to the item.

My thinking is that my cc license has already granted everyone the right to link to my videos (provided the provide attribution).

This was more for cases where a CC license isn't available, but you want to know that kind of "permissions", "requirements", and "restrictions" you have.

And one could always express the CC licenses in such a language of "permissions", "requirements", and "restrictions".

[...]

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.