You have a number of options:

1. Inside of Windows Movie Maker 2 there is a capture image button on
the right side of the monitor area. The image is held in the
clipboard area. Any photo or drawing program should be able to snag
it for you. A freebie to check out is the beloved Irfanview

http://www.irfanview.com

that rascal can open just about anything and save it in the format
that you need.

2. I have found that using QuickTime 6.5 I can drag an image onto the
desktop and it will save it as a .bmp file. Again any image program
worth its salt will be able to convert it to a .jpg for the internet.
I'm sure that 7.0+ can do this too but I think they change the way
you create screen shots. I use another work around which is:

3. Gadwin Print Screen - another cool freebie located at
http://www.gadwin.com it will let you copy the movie image with the
QT player or you can select just the area you want to capture.

Note - for technical reasons I don't understand this will not work
with Windows Media Player. I just get the player with no movie image.
What I wind up doing, or use to do, is just make a screen shot of the
player and the paste the image into via Photoshop.

Vlog On,

Gena
http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com