Steve wrote:

>Does hi-def capture really matter if Im streaming the compressed video
>online, downloading to mobile devices, etc?  For that matter, is the
>3CCD cam overkill for vlogging? Are there any future applications of
>the video I need to consider?  Noticed that Rocketboom is now using
>the Sony cam.

If you're going to end up on 320x240 resolution, HD is beyond overkill.
It's so far beyond overkill that it's in an alternate universe.

Yes, RB has moved up in life to HD, but the overwhelming majority of
their viewers are likely not making use of it.  IIRC, the RB team are
involved in video production for a living, so they're likely using the
HD camera for other things and it just makes a nice touch to add to RB.

As for 3CCD, I felt I could see a difference in color richness between
the two when I shopped around, and so I made it a priority.  YMMV.

--
Rhett.