It's slow for me too. (WinXP w/ FireFox)

On 4/16/06, Richard Show <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
A month or so ago I spent a really long time changing my site to wordpress.

Lots of time it takes the main page forever to load, and/or, if you click on "next" or "previous", or if you click on a category, or an archive month, or whatever, it takes forever ... sometimes, miraculously it doesn't (even if I've emptied the cache) ... this seems to be a problem on my mac with firefox and safari and on xp machines with IE and firefox, so it doesn't seem very browser specific.

... You could help by trying the site and seeing if the same is true for you

... I could also use any help from anyone on theories as to what is causing this ... some context

a) My host is godaddy, I installed wordpress "manually", in that there is no one-click solution, and everything, the control panel and stuff seem to work fine
b) I tried the convert from blogger site thing in wordpress, but couldn't get it to allow me to apply a different theme, so I just went ahead a created the whole vlog again (and lost my comments); and changed the date on posting to the original post date.
b) I used a "connections" theme <http://vanillamist.com/blog/?page_id=64> ... modified it quite a bit
c) I started experimenting with hosting the videos myself on godaddy, rather than using blip, and this is true for everything after approximately the new year (but others hosted on blip) ... I'd check now, but I can't get the archived pages to load at all.
d) I started trying to embed flash video. The code I use is code that is generated automatically when inserted .flv files in macromedia dreamweaver 8. The flash movie file is one that I download that was transcoded in blip. This is also only true for movies after the new year, and this is one of my prime suspects for why it is so slow, but the pages that don't have this embedded flash thing also seem to take forever when clicked on ( e.g., old archive pages).

... I called godaddy, by the way, and they said, yep, sure enough it doesn't seem to come up at all, if you type other pages (at this moment), so they "escalated" my issue to the really smart group and they are supposed to get back to me within 48 hours.

... any help, as always, much appreciated ... Richard

--
Richard
http://www.richardshow.com

Fireant Individual Use