On 4/16/06, David Meade <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> well pop-ups that pop-up because the user clicked a link wont be blocked, so
> we're ok there.

Thanks, David. I hope this is the case. I've helped a fair number of
people in a support environment where they don't get a pop-up they're
expecting, but that's usually because the link is actually taking them
to another page that's expected to automatically spawn a pop-up, which
is then blocked by the default settings on their browser.

I just think that overall, there's a suspicion or disdain of pop-ups
in general, so I was wondering why they're so popular among vloggers.
But actually, this is probably a separate question from the MSIE
Active X thing.

> I'd imagine the Javascript thing can use custom poster frames no problem.

The sample codes that Apple and Microsoft present seem to be
customizable to the point where you can pass in additional variables
to be incorporated into the page... but sadly, I'm pretty code
illiterate.  If anyone develops a variant that supports poster frames,
do share!

I just have a fear that poster frames can't actually be supported,
because the expected behavior is for them to display in the page
automatically as placeholders... and the issue with this MSIE thing is
that it's requiring user action before anything loads.

--
Ryan
HawaiiVog.com