Yeah I looked this up on google maps and the 16th street station is
slightly closer than the civic center station but the civic center
station is on the same street and probably less confusing to an out of
towner. It's almost exactly a mile from the SAH. And Enric asures me
that it's not one big hill either so it should be walkable--proivided
you don't have a lot of luggage. If so I'm sure you could cab it that
last mile.

Bill Streeter
LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
www.lofistl.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "BevSykes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >>you'll either want to get off
> at 16th st. Mission or Civic Center (on Market Street). The walk from
> both stops is not bad, as long as you aren't loaded up too heavy.<<
>
> ...and if you are loaded up too heavy, there is a street car which
runs up Market St. and should let you off pretty close to the hotel.

> NOTE FOR INCOMING PARTICIPANTS:
>
> "Street cars" and "Cable cars" are two different vehicles.  Natives
would appreciate it if you don't confuse the two.  "Street cars" are
connected to overhead lines, "Cable cars" run on underground cables.

> Also, while I'm trying to help the group become Politically Correct,
it is "San Francisco" not "Frisco."  People have suffered severe
bodily harm from using the latter term.  (Kind of like a Brit asking
someone for a rubber when he wants to erase something.)

> --
> Bev
> Blog:  http://funnytheblog.blogspot.com/
> Journal:  http://funnytheworld.com