hi joanna,

whether or not it's "selling out" is an individual choice, i think.

i, personally, find the revver player to be of low quality. i wrote about revver on my site, loadedpun.com a while back because one of the vids that i saw there was cut off by the ad. turns out, however, that the person doing the cutting was the videographer. revver ads wait until the show is over.

most video hosting sites will be incorporating ads at the beginning and/or end of videos in order to generate revenue. you're right that most won't make much if any money off it. the hosting site stands to because of volume but individual vloggers won't see much.

if i'm not mistaken, with revver, the viewer has to actually click on the ad at the end in order to generate income for the vlogger. i have never clicked on an ad in a video but, perhaps, some do. i don't know what the stats are on it.

they also have an affiliate type program whereby, if you host revver vids on your site (even if they are not yours) you can generate income from the ads (not sure if the ads have to be clicked on in that context)

hope i've helped.

anne