If i paid £250 for each vid, and had more than a couple, i'd be
broke.

It's interesting that they have "categories" though. I do have some
channels, but to be honest i've left it to tagging to decide how to
group your videos. I decided after some testing that peoples
interests are just too diverse and you end up missing people.

One thing that would be cool - a mashup of google maps and your
travel videos - something i thought about a year ago - well, not
specifically *your* travel videos :)

Thanks for the reply.
steven
http://stevenR2.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Deirdre Straughan"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> About.com recently put out a call for people to make how-to videos
for
> them in specific categories (it was announced by Jeff Jarvis on
> Buzzmachine). I have been accepted to the program and they'll pay
$250
> for anything they use, but I may not be able to do things in the
> categories they asked for (not living in the US turns out to be a
> handicap in this case).
>
> If they were looking for travel video, I'd be rich!
>

> On 5/4/06, thetesarac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Folks – a while back I started something to get contributors to
> > add "how to" type videos to a site.
> >
> > I am going along with it, but for the moment I am just starting
> > add some myself, each day. Maybe it will catch on, maybe not,
but it
> > should be useful nonetheless.
> >
> > They are basically pointers around the web with some commentary –
> > some of you folks may already have been included.
> >
> > My question is this. Do any of you have, or know of, "how to"
type
> > vblogs on the web. Anything from cooking to fixing stuff (I have
> > request for burning DVDs in the UK) to proper driving directions
and
> > so on. It's specifically instructional/howto/help videos I am
> > interested in.
> >
> > I'd appreciate some links so I can continue to add links and
> > commentary on them at http://vidyo.TV
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Steven
> > http://stevenR2.com