This is interesting. I've thought about this ... effectively daisy-
chaining WiFi to create an alternative internet. We all download and
run little applications that make our WiFi cards seek out and link to
the nearest WiFi networks running the same little applications ...
with gateways to the original net where needed to bridge the gap.

I have no idea how it could be done and I'm sure it would be a
security nightmare!

Waz
www.crashtestkitchen.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > you know the other day when thinking about net neutrality and
> > savetheinternet.com and what not ...
> >
> > I started thinking .. what would we do if they messed up the
internet
> this
> > badly?  I started to envision a global darknet with city-wide
wireless
> mesh
> > networks and radio links between cities ... bypassing the
backbone all
> > together ... (The Short Wave Radio Operator in me really got
excited
> about
> > that) ...
> >
> > Maybe we should really start drafting up plans. :-P
>
> Yeah, but we'd never videoblog again.  Things like that will never
get
> bandwidth that'll be worth anything.
>
> --
> Rhett.

> This message was sent using Endymion MailMan.
> http://www.endymion.com/products/mailman/

Fireant Individual Typepad
Use