I love QTVR! The marina might be a fun place to do one. Here is a marina VR a friend did 9 years ago. My son and I walk along the Berkeley Marina.

http://www.thatguy.com/qtvr/berkeley-marina.html

On 5/8/06, B Yen < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm getting into QTVR panos, I'd like to do some at Vloggercon.  Are there any good San Francisco places that lend itself to 360 degree panoramas?

See

[ for some reason, my website is down at http://www.comet-track.com/eclipse/secl06/secl06.html ]

[ that pano with the umbrella & bay, is the place in Dahab where the terrorist bombing happened.  The CNN article referred to "body parts" flung into the bay..that was the place!  I was eating breakfast there & my hotel was 100 ft away.  I missed getting blown up by 4 weeks! ]

I'd like to do one, with some Vlogger pioneers in the pic.  Say, at the San Francisco water front.  Or, the Exploratorium:

at one of the exhibits, say video-technology one.  Or, do some conventional photography (get creative) with pioneers like:

xxx

[ I need to know who they are, I'm not that well informed in this regard ]

Sidenote:
Check out the Exploratorium's video-podcast of their Live eclipse project:

Mine is also avialable on the "Eclipse Science" video-podcast over iTunes, see the video-blog at:

[ scroll way down to the bottom, or click on upper-right icon to take yourself to iTunes ]

I blogged my entire eclipse trip:

I was amazed at the Internet connectivity in all the Egypt places I went, even a hole-in-the-wall Internet Cafe in Sallum/Egypt (small border town, Egypt & Libya border):

[ this Internet Cafe was in a back-alley, on the 2nd floor..talk about 3rd world type of thing.  They were using *shared bandwidth* over get this..DIALUP!!  Man, were the downloads slow!  But, it was nevertheless a Internet hookup.  The manager was Egyptian, with an American wife in Detroit..unbelievable. ]

Check out this Internet Cafe in Marsa-Matrouh (between Sidi Barani & El Alamein..big names in WWII history):

[ that's a very attractive Internet Cafe operator, BTW! ]

There was a really excellent Internet Cafe in Dahab (along Red Sea, across from Saudi Arabia..north of Sharm El-Sheikh, that place the politicians goto to meet about "Middle East issues" ].  Don't have a pic, but it was DSL access & the manager spoke good English & was very knowledgable..who was Christian BTW.  I have his contact into (email).  Unfortunately, Dahab was the place that got hit by the "terrorist bombing" (One man's terrorist, is another man's Freedom-Fighter).

I even blogged usiing the DSL computer terminal at Magy Hotel in Cairo/Egypt.. no charge!  See:

[ you can see the Internet terminal in those pics ]

I even blogged from the house I stayed in Salloum:

[ scroll down for entry "Raining on Mar 27 (morning), what !?" ]

& the condo @Marsa Matrouh:

[ scroll down for entry "Blogging from Marsa-Matrouh" ]

The above 2 places were down with dialup connection.

Fireant Individual Use
Explains

Ted Tagami
Founding Partner