Oh, Ron...
You had me at "Harrison Bergeron."

But in regards to this SEXISM debate...

**I'm trying to put it into words**

There is something poetic about this episode.

In "normal" media, if someone said something on air that was upsetting
to me, I would feel compelled to respond/retort/make it right!

But in this new universe where everyone's voices are heard, it is
INSANE to try to respond to every perspective you disagree with.

Discussions like this become excercises in patience and reminders to
re-read my Dalai Lama book.

Look... TO ME, this revolution is about technology and distribution.
Those are the tools we now have to combat whatever evils we see in the
world.
So go battle sexism with your vlog.  Go battle sexual repression. Go
battle censorship. Go battle racism.  Go battle boredom. Go battle
your own self esteem issues.

...But I think this list should ease-up on attaching too much politics
to our tools.
My 2 cents.

Keep fighting the good fight (whatever that means to you),
-Halcyon, CEO, The PBC
http://www.PinkBroadcasting.com
www.cockybastard.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ron Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am a white man, and I have been a minority, and you are right, it
> is different.
> I found this thread entertaining. I also find the outrage
> entertaining, but in a different way.
> This whole thing reminds me of Harrison Bergeron.
>
> Boob jokes are not sexist.
>
> Saying that a woman can't do a job because she is inferior is, and
> nobody did that.
>
> Saying that a woman is generally more pleasing to look at is also not
> sexist.
>
> Saying that men like to look at boobs is not sexist.
>
> Saying that boobs make a woman is, and nobody did that.
>
> This is like saying that black men make better basketball players,
> and the teams want to win so they hire black men to play. That is why
> there are more black men in basketball.
>
> I don't think anyone would disagree with that, would they?
>
> Video is visual, so pretty people tend to do the best in this media,
> that is quite simply human nature. Golfers, or men (male and
> female...Is it getting hot in here? Flame on!) tend to like looking
> at pretty girls.
>
> So this guy is... "looking to hire a
> video podcast hostess. What would be the most effective way to spread
> the word about this opportunity? Or do you know anyone who might be
> interested?"
>
> That statement just oozes sexism.
>
> Someone took issue with the idea of a female lead, a couple of
> serious posts were made, then a boob joke. Oh the sexism.
>
> I can't wait to hear something akin to 'size doesn't matter' so I can
> get equally outraged.
>
> I might check out your video, but I think it would just be a waste of
> my time, as I think you are taking things way too seriously and
> reading into things far too deeply.
>
> I apologize if my 'embrace the boob' comment was sexist. I was quite
> serious.
>
> I have no problem with idiots talking about something they don't know
> about. It happens on TV every single day. It happens in the
> vlogosphere too. Now you can read into that and make the assumption
> that I mean 'she' don't know golf, which would be just as incorrect
> as 'she' has to be a hottie, which is what got us started on this.
>
> Personally I don't really care if you were offended. People are
> offended every day by stuff that is just as silly, in fact, I found
> your reply on this list far more offensive than any other post. What
> does that make you? Am I sexist because I was offended by your
> _expression_ of outrage? Or am I something else?
>
> Keep in mind that I am not saying that Sexism is silly, just your
> interpretation of this thread.
>
> Ron Watson
>
> Pawsitive Vybe Canines
> 12 E Bridge St Suite G

> [...]