Hi,

Do you think this method would be effective for vlog promotion?

"Shattering the Self-Promotion Taboo"
http://targetyournews.com/TargetYourNews.pdf

The corresponding service is fully functional and free:

http://targetyournews.com

It's sort of like reddit, but the submitter is responsible for
targeting his/her link to people who will probably like it.

To see how a particular link is targeted, click "targeting".  For
example, here is the targeting for the MobuzzTV vlog:

http://targetyournews.com/?cmd=targeting&urlid=243029

Note how targeting URLs are used to suggest the vlog to people. For
example, the vlog is targeted to people who liked slashdot.org.  Of
course, it's probably a good idea to add targeting URLs that
correspond to vlogs as well.

People who are targeted can click "more like this" or "fewer like
this" to build their interest profile.  This in turn determines your
submission score.  Careful targeting is important because your
submission score determines your submission's rank among personalized
recommendations for targeted people.

Now, perhaps you are involved with this vlog in some way or like it a
lot, so you would like to promote it as well.  Moreover, you might
believe that you can do a better job targeting it so more interested
people will see it.

In that case, click on "evolve" to change its targeting, title, and/or
tags.  Note that all instances of the link will remain in the system,
so in fact, many people could try to promote this particular paper in
different ways.  Click "family" to see all instances of the link.

To receive personalized recommendations, take a look at the links
under "My Targeted Links".  If you would like to receive more
personalized recommendations, give your preferences for some of the
links under "My Targeting Links".

Anyway, feel free to add and target your vlog.  Other people may in
turn help you promote it.

Also, if you tell me of a good list of vlogs, I can enter them into
the system (though perhaps with no targeting) and then you could
evolve my entries.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Amir

Fireant Individual Use