francisco_daum wrote:
I think both ad campaigns can be equally deceptive. BP Petroleum,
using the fresh, green, "nature"- friendly imagery can lull the
consumer into thinking emissions are no problem.

L'Oreal's ad campaign can downplay the profiled woman's important
achievements. It can obfuscate the woman's actual stand and not
forward her issues.

So instead of really caring for the environment or human rights- you
could be just sold something you can do with less or without.

Oil comapnies should give money to save rainforests or something that
help prevent global warming.

No matter how far they go, cynics can always complain that they should have gone further. Considering how hard it is to change the culture of a Fortune 500 company, and also considering that the leadership is legally bound to increase profits for the stockholders (criticizing corporate structure is a different discussion!), and considering that there are plenty of oil companies that are still doing things the old way, I'm very impressed by what BP is doing.

That would really be investing in the
future. The green gas pumps don't fool me.

I think L'Oreal should just take the money and give it to a women's
scholarship fund or something because that would help more and earn
more respect from women.

Do you mean something like this?
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2004-08/acs-lul083104.php