There more than just production factors involved with mobile video
delivery.  For example, while Rocketboom and other vlog offer a .3pg
files, not all networks will deliver them via a WAP link.

Many services which deliver video today use device detection to
determine which device is requesting the file and therefore what
network, screen size, storage and codecs are used by the handset.

The result is that I can download and view Rocketboom on a Nokia over
Cingular, but I can't view Rocketboom on a Samsung over Sprint.

...Debi

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Adrian Miles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> around the 19/5/06 Irene Duma mentioned about ===SPAM===
> [videoblogging] Specs for mobile video that:
> >Any one know where one can find tech and production specs for mobile
> >video? I would like to make some mobile compatible vlogs. I have
> >info on what works creatively ( a nice summary here
>
><http://mobifest.ca/pdfs/MakingMobileMovies.pdf)>http://mobifest.ca/pdfs/MakingMobileMovies.pdf)

> >but am more interested in screen size, compression, device
> >compatibility etc.
>
> dpends how fancy you want, easiest is to launch qt pro, select Movie
> to 3g from export settings, click options and read off the specs.
> pixel sizes are 128 x 96, 176 x 144, and 320 x 240, though
> technically the spec. doesn't say this, it says something like n
> times 16 x 16 blocks so you could have video that is 16 x whatever it
> needs to be long and it would follow the spec, you just wouldn't have
> a mobile phone screen that you could view it on.
>
> for more detail start at <URL:
> http://www.apple.com/quicktime/technologies/mpeg4/ >
> --
> cheers
> Adrian Miles
> this email is bloggable [ ] ask first [ ] private [x]
> hypertext.RMIT <URL:http://hypertext.rmit.edu.au/admin/briefEmail.html >

Fireant Individual Typepad
Use Explains