That's not the way I read the License.

"Attribution Share Alike (by-sa)

This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work even for commercial
reasons, as long as they credit you and license their new creations under the identical
terms. This license is often compared to open source software licenses. All new works
based on yours will carry the same license, so any derivatives will also allow commercial
use. "

http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses/meet-the-licenses

That says to me that someone could use the work commercially, altered or un-altered, for
commercial use a long as they give attribution and apply the same license to the altered or
un-altered work. I understand this to apply to any medium, Web, DVD, CD, VHS, TV....

Basically you've relinquished all control of the work as the as the two stated conditions are
met.

1. attribution
2. same license

Regards,

Will

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Verdi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> okay - wow - this has gone far (but interesting) from what I was asking
> about so let me try again.
>
> The licence that I was talking about was BY-SA. I DO want to allow remixes
> and sampling. According to that license if you alter or make a derivitive
> work you must release it under the same license which, I'm thinking,
> excludes selling it. Correct? So in order for someone to use the work
> commercially, they'd have to use it in it's entire unaltered form.
>
> -Verdi

Fireant Individual Typepad
Use Explains