--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "wazman_au" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I use Adobe Premiere Elements (APE?) to edit my videos and export an
AVI,
> then QuickTime Pro to crunch it down so the final file size is about
1.5-2MB
> per minute.
>
> I found that QuickTime didn't like AVIs that I had exported from
Windows
> MovieMaker, and I find QuickTime's editing functionality too basic,
so I went
> for Premiere Elements. APE has access to the same codecs as QTPro
including
> H.264 but won't let me tweak enough parameters to get the balance
between
> file size and quality that I want, hence I need both APE and QTPro.
>
> I don't know what Enric is going on about with regards to quality,
quite
> frankly.

I didn't spend much time tweaking the quality.  And the tests I did
where from AVI's generated from Windows Media Maker.  Do you have a
settings and workflow recommendations?  It would be useful to generate
good quality Quicktime on Windows.

  -- Enric

>Get in there and tweak the settings and you can have whatever level
> of quality you want. There's just been a QuickTime update so it's
important to
> upgrade.
>
> I tried Videora iPod converter but it did some very strange things
to my
> videos, including lopping off title screens and replacing them with
blank white.
> I was only using it as an interim solution while Apple sorted out
the banjax
> they made of the last version of QTPro.
>
> Waz
> www.crashtestkitchen.com
>
> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Enric" <enric@> wrote:
> >
> > The only thing I've used QTPro on windows it to try to transcode AVI
> > to Quicktime.  I was dissapointed with the quality (or lack thereof)
> > and don't recommend it for that.

> > I'm on Windows using Windows Movie Maker, but now I need to work with
> > QuickTime files.  My transcoding software is failing for some clips,
> > so I'm considering buying QuickTime Pro, but on the QuickTime web site
> > I see an alarming number of complaints from users who paid for the
> > software and are extremely disappointed.  It seems to crash often,
> > with a "buffer overflow" problem.
> >
> > How do you Windows people work with QuickTime files?

Fireant Individual Typepad
Use Explains